Coast Ridge Ramble Playlist
Saturday, April 18, 1998
Gypsy, Host and Producer
global village index | my email | music sources
The playlist reads:
- Artists, "Name of Track", Album Title, (Label & Date),[Country/Genre]
The Coast Ridge Ramble is a show of folk music on Saturdays from 1-3 pm, normally hosted by Rachel Anne Goodman. I sat in for her today.
- Sandy Denny, "The Lady", Who Knows Where The Time Goes (Hannibal) [England]
- June Tabor, "A Proper Sort of Gardener", Aleyn (di nakht nor alyn is mit mir) The night alone is with me (Green Linnet 97) [England]
- Chris Parkinson, "The Week Before Easter", Parky (Self-produced 97) [England]
- Darol Anger, "The Water is Wide--with Tim O'Brien (Vocals)", Heritage (Island Records 97) [U.S.]
- Martin Simpson, "Will This House Be Blessed", Smoke and Mirrors (Thunderbird) [England]
- Greg Brown, "Spring Wind", Dream Café (Red House Records 97) [U.S.]
- Kate MacLeod, "Play the Piano with Style", Trying to Get it Right (Waterbug 94) [U.S.]
- John Gorka, "Blue Chalk", Between Five and Seven (Windham Hill 96) [U.S.]
- Kate Wolf and the Wildwood Flower, "Goodbye Babe", Back Roads (Rhino 76) [U.S.]
- Ralph McTell, "Still in Dreams", Sand in Your Shoes (Red House Records 98) [England]
Live in the studio: Cindy Kalmenson & Lisa Carver. They sung a tune they co-wrote: Let Me Out Here.
- Cindy Kalmenson, "Alabama Bliss", Let Me Out Here (Big Gack Records 97) [U.S.]
- Emily Lou Harris, "Orphan Girl", Wrecking Ball (Asylum Records) [U.S.]
- Roy Book Binder, "New Age Woman Blues", Polk City Ramble (Rounder 98) [U.S.]
- Adrian Legg, "Cuckoo Shuffle", Waiting for a Dancer (Red House 97) [U.S.]
- Hesperus, "Little Rabbit", Unicorn--Medieval, Appalachian & World Music in Fusion (Dorian Discovery 97) [U.S.]
- E.C. Ball & Orna, "Pretty Polly ", Through the Years 1937-75 (Copper Creek) [U.S.]
- Dock Boggs, "Old Rub Alchohol Blues", Country Blues (97 John Fahey) [U.S.]
- Roscoe Holcomb, "Willow Tree", The High Lonesome Sound (Smithsonian Folkways) [U.S.]
- Emily Kaitz, "Small Medium at Large", Terminally Trendy (Pingleblobber Music 97) [U.S.]
Live in Studio: Emily Kaitz & David Beaudry. They performed: Middle Aged Rock n' Rollers are so Damn Cute (a tune of Emily's), I'm Going Duck Hunting with my Ouzi (a tune by David); When I'm Dead; and Judy Rosen's Nose (2 tunes by Emily).
Live in the studio: Doo Doo Wah They performed two tunes: "Dr. Kevorkian " and "Loreena".
Be Sure to tune in to the Global Village Monday through Friday at 1:00 PM on KUSP.
KUSP broadcasts on the web.
Return to the KUSP Program Guide
© 1998 KUSP Radio
document created Saturday, April 18, 1998 3:33 PM