The Continental Drift Playlist
Saturday, July 18, 1998
Gypsy, Host and Producer
global village index | my email | music sources
The playlist reads:
- Artists, "Name of Track", Album Title, (Label & Date),[Country/Genre]
The Continental Drift is a show of music from Western Europe on Saturday from 11 to 1 p.m. hosted by Cindy Odom. Today I filled in for her.
- Various Artists, ""Mouth Music"--Dolores Keane & John Faulkner--Ireland", Celtic Mouth Music (Ellipsis Arts 98) [Celtic]
- Old Blind Dogs, "Glen Kabul/Trip to Pakistan/The Fourth Floor", Five (Lochshore 1997) [Scotland]
- Lo Jai, "Be Ia Longtemps Jo'enessa", Acrobats et Musiciens (Shanachie 89) [France]
- Alan Stivell, "Ys (recorded in 1972)", Zoom (from 1970-1995) (Disques Dreyfus 97) [Brittany]
- Carreg La Far, "Alawon Fy Ngwlad (Songs of my Country)", Ysbrydy Werin (Echo Stone) (Blix St. 95) [Wales]
Carreg La Far will be at Henflings in Ben Lomond on Aug. 4.
- Karen Casey, "The Creggan White Hare", Songlines (Shanachie 97) [Ireland]
- Tony McManus, "Irene Meldrum's Welcome to Bon Accord/Hecla/The Ramner Ceilidh", Porquoi Quebec? (Greentrax 98) [Scotland]
- Bothy Band, "The Death of Queen Jane", After Hours--Recorded live in Paris (Green Linnet 1984) [Ireland]
- Various Artists, "Felton Lonnen/Here's the Tender Coming--Jez Lowe and the Bad Pennies", Voices--English Traditional songs (Amicus International 96) [England]
- Martin Simpson/Jessica Ruby Simpson/The Band of Angels, "Le Petit Mercelot/Le Boiteaux (Lisa Eckstrom, vocals)", Self-titled (Red House Records 96) [U.S.]
- Richard & Linda Thompson, "A Heart Needs a Home (Linda, vocals)", Hokey Pokey--10 Delicious Flavors (Rykodisc, orig. 75) [England]
- The House Band, "The Factory Girl", October Song (Green Linnet 98) [England]
- Maddy Prior, "Honest Work", Flesh and Blood (Park Records 97) [England]
- Martin Carthy, Norma Waterson, Eliza Carthy, "The Slave's Lament/Farewell to a Dark Haired Friend", Waterson:Carthy (Topic 95) [England]
- Robin Bullock, "Carolan's Quarrel with the Landlady", Between Earth and Sky (Maggie's Music 98) [U.S.]
- Martin Hayes & Dennis Cahill, "The Bucks of Oranmore/Eileen Curran/Jimmy on the Moor", The Lonesome Touch (Green Linnet 97) [Ireland]
- Paddy Keenan, "The Man of the House", Poirt an Phíobaire (Gael-Linn 83) [Ireland]
- The Bothy Band, "I Wish My Love Was A Red Red Rose--Tríona ní Dhomhnaill", BBC Radio One/Live in Concert (Green Linnet 96) [Ireland]
- Dougie MacLean, "Caledonia", The Dougie MacLean Collection (Putumayo 95) [Scotland]
- Dáithí Sproule, "Gabham Molta Bríde", A Heart Made of Glass (Green Linnet 93) [Ireland]
- Laurence Nugent, "Reels:Unknown/Chris Droney's/Dean McCusker's", Two for Two (Shanachie 98) [Ireland]
- Dolores Keane & John Faulkner with Eamonn Curran, "Sliabh Gallion Braes", Farewell to Erin (Wundertune 88) [Ireland]
- Seelyhoo, "Mick's Knitted Triplets/Brumely Brae/Jenny's Chickens", The First Caul (Green Trax 95) [Orkney Islands]
- Andy Irvine/Paul Brady, "Arthur McBride--vocals-Paul Brady", Self-titled (Green Linnet 81) [Ireland]
The Coast Ridge Ramble is a show of acoustic folk music from 1-3 p.m. on Saturday hosted by Rachel Anne Goodman. Today, I filled in for her.
- Connie Dover, "How Can I Live at the Top of the Mountain?", If Ever I Return (Taylor Park Music 97) [U.S.]
- Various Artists, "Waltzing's for Dreamers--Richard Thompson--England", The Folk Scene Collection--From the Heart of Studio A (KPFK) (Red House Records 98) [U.S./England]
- Clive Gregson & Christine Collister, "Chase the Dragon", Home and Away (Flying Fish 87) [England]
- El McMeen, "Hard Times, Come Again No More (Stephen Foster tune)", Acoustic Guitar Treasures (Piney Ridge Music 98) [U.S.]
- Todd Snider, "Can't Complain", Viva Satellite (MCA 98) [U.S.]
Todd Snider will be at the Fat Fry in Aptos Village Park on Sat. July 25.
- Greg Brown, "Laughing River", Dream Café (Red House Records 97) [U.S.]
Greg Brown along with Mary McCaslin, Nina Gerber, Kristina Olsen, will be at the Henry Mello Center in Watsonville on August 14 at 7:30. This is a benefit for Rosalie Sorrels.
- Tim and Mollie O'Brien , "Away Out on the Mountain", Away Out on the Mountain (Sugar Hill 1994) [U.S.]
- Emmy Lou Harris, "Cattle Call", Songs of the West (Warner Bros. 94) [U.S.]
- John Gorka, "That's Why", Out of the Valley (Windham Hill 94) [U.S.]
- Various Artists, "Still I Long for Your Kiss--Lucinda Williams", The Horse Whisperer--Songs from & Inspired by the Motion Picture (MCA Nashville 98) [U.S.]
- Paul Siebel, "Louise", Self-titled (Philo 95) [U.S.]
- Gillian Welch, "Ba r Room Girls", Revival (Almo Sounds 96) [U.S.]
Gillian Welch will be in concert at the Kuumbwa in Santa Cruz on Aug. 15 at 7:30 p.m.
- Mary McCaslin, "Circle of Friends", Way Out West (Philo 98) [U.S.]
- Kate MacLeod, "Prairyerth", Constant Emotion (Waterbug 97) [U.S.]
- Carrie Newcomer, "The Razor's Edge", My True Name (Philo 98) [U.S.]
- Claire Lynch, "Go and do the Same", Friends for a Lifetime (Rounder 98) [U.S.]
- Kate Wolf and the Wildwood Flower, "Back Roads", Back Roads (Rhino 96, orig. 76) [U.S.]
- John Fahey, "101 is a Hard Road to Travel", The Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death (Takoma 97, orig. 65) [U.S.]
- Various Artists, "Our Town--Iris Dement", The Folk Scene Collection--From the Heart of Studio A (KPFK) (Red House Records 98) [U.S./England]
- Jody Stecher, "The Hills of Isle Au Haut", Going Up on the Mountain (Bay Records1977, vinyl) [U.S.]
- Any Old Time String Band, "Hello Stranger", I Bid You Goodnight (Arhoolie 96, orig. 78) [U.S.]
- Laurie Lewis, "Visualize", Seeing Things (Rounder 98) [U.S.]
- Richard & Linda Thompson, "Has He Got a Friend For Me", I Want to See The Bright Lights Tonight (Rykodisc 97, orig. 74) [England]
- Tim O'Brien, "Farewell Angelina", Red on Blonde (Sugar Hill 96) [U.S.]
- Beausoleil, "Charivari--with Richard Thompson", L'amour ou La Folie (Rhino 97) [U.S.]
Beausoleil will be at the Fat Fry in Aptos Village Park on Sunday, July 26.
Be Sure to tune in to the Global Village Monday through Friday at 1:00 PM on KUSP.
KUSP broadcasts on the web.
Return to the KUSP Program Guide
© 1998 KUSP Radio
document created Saturday, July 18, 1998 3:49 PM