Global Village Playlist
Saturday, March 6, 1999
Global Village Index | my email | music sources
The playlist reads:
- Artists, "Name of Track", Album Title, (Label & Date),[Country/Genre]
The Coast Ridge Ramble is a show of folk music on Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. normally hosted by Rachel Anne Goodman. Today, I sat in for her. March is Women's History Month; so I celebrated by playing women folk musicians today.
- Linda Thompson, "Dimming of the Day", Dreams Fly Away/The History of Linda Thompson (Hannibal 96) [England]
- Norma Waterson, "There Ain't No Sweet Man Worth The Salt of My Tears", Self-titled (Hannibal 96) [England]
- Hazel Dickens & Alice Gerrard, "The One I Love is Gone", Pioneering Women of Bluegrass (Smithsonian Folkways 96) [U.S.]
- Hazel Dickens, Carol Elizabeth Jones, & Ginny Hawker, "Forsaken Lover", Heart of a Singer (Rounder 98) [U.S.]
- Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt & Dolly Parton, "High Sierra", Trio II (Asylum Records) [U.S.]
- Laurie Lewis, "Let the Bird go Free", Seeing Things (Rounder 98) [U.S.]
- Emmylou Harris, "My Songbird", Spy Boy (Eminent 98) [U.S.]
- Kate Wolf and the Wildwood Flower, "The Redtail Hawk", Back Roads (Rhino 76 (96)) [U.S.]
- Lori B, "Hurricane Child", Hurricane Child (Paradox Arts 98) [ U.S.]
Lori B will be in concert at the Kuumbwa in Santa Cruz on March 21st at 8:00 p.m.
- Annie Hills, "First Day of Autumn", Bittersweet Street (Redwing 98) [U.S.]
- Kate MacLeod, "Prairyerth", Trying to Get it Right (Waterbug 94) [U.S.]
- Aileen Vance, "Waterfall", Sweet Life (Avenida Music 98) [U.S.]
- Eileen McGann, "There'll Be More Joy", Heritage (Dragonwing 97) [Canada]
Aileen Vance and Eileen McGann will be in concert at Unity Temple in Santa Cruz on March 12 at 7:30 p.m. Call (831) 423-3721 for details.
- Dar Williams, Lucy Kaplansky, Richard Shindell, "Lord, I Have Made You A Place In My Heart", Cry Cry Cry (Razor Tie 98) [U.S.]
- Tim and Mollie O'Brien , "Father Adieu", Away Out on the Mountain (Sugar Hill 1994) [U.S.]
- Kathy Chiavola, "I Am A Pilgrim", The Harvest (My Label 95) [U.S.]
- The Delta Sisters, "Singing My Troubles Away", Music from the Old-timey Hotel (Ubik Sound 94) [U.S.]
- Various Artists, "Distant Land to Roam--Ginny Hawker & Kay Justice", Old-Time Music on the Air (Rounder 94) [U.S.]
- Eric & Suzy Thompson, "Corrina, Corrina", Adam & Eve Had the Blues (Arhoolie 89) [U.S.]
- Patty Larkin, "You and Me", Perishable Fruit (High Street 97) [U.S.]
Patty Larkin and Tom Rush will be at the Carleton Hall in Monterey on March 7 at 7:00 p.m. Call (831) 373-7379 for details.
- Sarah Grey, "The Bass Viol", Back in the Airly Days (Waterbug 98) [U.S.]
- Sarah Grey, "A & F Reel", Back in the Airly Days (Waterbug 98) [U.S.]
- Anne Hills & Cindy Mangsen, "The Housewife's Lament", Never Grow Old (Flying Fish 94) [U.S.]
- Various Artists, "The Voice on the Relaxation Tapes", The Song Poets/Prime CD's Fifth Anniversary Collection (Prime 93) [U.S.]
- Hart Rouge, "Walk Home", Nouvelle-France (Red House Records 98) [Canada]
- Dar Williams, Lucky Kaplansky, Richard Shindell, "I Know What Kind of Love This Is", Cry Cry Cry (Razor Tie 98) [U.S.]
- Neal & Leandra, "Cry", Stranger to My Kin (Red House Records 98) [U.S.]
- Cheryl Wheeler, "His Hometown", Sylvia Hotel (Philo 99) [U.S.]
- Allison Moorer, "Alabama Song", Alabama Song (MCA 98) [U.S.]
Be Sure to tune in to the Global Village Monday through Friday at 1:00 PM on KUSP.
KUSP broadcasts on the web.
Return to the KUSP Program Guide
© 1998 KUSP Radio
document created Saturday, March 6, 1999 3:59 PM