The Coast Ridge Ramble Playlist
Saturday, April 17, 1999
Gypsy, Host and Producer
Global Village Index | my email | music sources
The playlist reads:
- Artists, "Name of Track", Album Title, (Label & Date),[Country/Genre]
The Coast Ridge Ramble is a show of folk music that airs from 1 - 3 p.m. on Saturdays, normally hosted by Rachel Anne Goodman. Today, I filled in for her.
- Sandy Denny, "Banks of the Nile", The Best of . . . (Hannibal) [England]
- Boiled in Lead, "Brave Bombadier", Orb (Atomic Theory 90) [U.S.]
- Nanci Griffith, "From A Distance", One Fair Summer Evening (MCA Records 88) [U.S.]
- Colum Sands, "Ceasefire", All My Winding Journeys (Spring Records 96) [Ireland]
- Tim O'Brien, "Masters of War", Red on Blonde (Sugar Hill 96) [U.S.]
- Kate Wolf, "Carry it on", Carry it on (Flat Rock Records 96) [U.S.]
- Sweet Honey in the Rock, "Study War No More", Breaths (Flying Fish 88) [U.S.]
- Pete Seeger, "Oh, Had I A Golden Thread", A Link in the Chain (Columbia 96) [U.S.]
- Tom Russell, "Wayfarin' Stranger with Iris DeMent", The Man From God Knows Where (Hightone Records) [U.S.]
- Martin Simpson, "Will This House Be Blessed/The First Cut is the Deepest", Live at the Holywell Music Room, Oxford (Red House 97) [U.S. (orig. England)]
- Bill Morrissey, "Beaulah Land", Songs of Mississippi John Hurt (Philo 99) [U.S.]
- Tony Furtado & Dirk Powell, "Keep Your Lamp Trimmed and Burning", Self-titled (Rounder 99) [U.S.]
- Bill Bourne, "Worried Man Blues", Sally's Dream (Ragged Pup Records) [U.S.]
- Leadbelly, "Midnight Special", Sings for Children (Smithsonian Folkways 99) [U.S.]
- Kelly Willis, "Not Long For This World", What I Deserve (Ryko 99) [U.S.]
- Incredible String Band, "October Song--Robin Williamson", Self-titled (Rykodisc (orig. 1966)) [Scotland]
Robin Williamson will be at the Kuumbwa in Santa Cruz on May 28 at 7:30 p.m. Call (831) 464-2128 for details.
- Keith Greeninger, "The Distance We Keep", Wind River Crossing (Wind River Music 98) [U.S.]
- The Chieftains with Various Artists, "A Stór Mo Chroi with Bonnie Raitt", Tears of Stone (BMG 99) [Ireland]
The Chieftains will be in concert at the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium on May 5.
- Pierre Bensusan, "Nice Feeling", Nice Feeling (Zebra Acoustics 99) [France]
- Laurie Lewis & Tom Rozum, "So Sad (to Watch Good Love go Bad)", The Oak and the Laurel (Rounder 95) [U.S.]
- Tim and Mollie O'Brien , "When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold", Away Out on the Mountain (Sugar Hill 1994) [U.S.]
- Chuck Brodsky, "Until You Can Forgive", Letters in the Dirt (Red House 96) [U.S.]
- Peppino D'Agostino, "The Dancer", A Glimpse of the Past (Acoustic Music Records 98) [U.S. (orig. Italy)]
- Greg Brown, "Small Dark Movie", Further In (Red House 96) [U.S.]
- Various Artists, "The Musician Who Became A Bear:A Tribute to Pepper--Joy Harjo and Poetic Justice", Heartbeat 2--More Voices of First Nations Women (Smithsonian Folkways 98) [U.S.]
- Beausoleil avec Michael Doucet, "Chanson pour Tommy", Cajunization (Rhino 99) [U.S.]
Be Sure to tune in to the Global Village Monday through Friday at 1:00 PM on KUSP.
KUSP broadcasts on the web.
Return to the KUSP Program Guide
© 1998 KUSP Radio
document created Saturday, April 17, 1999 3:40 PM