The Coast Ridge Ramble Playlist
Saturday, July 31, 1999
Gypsy, Host and Producer
Global Village Index | my email | music sources
The playlist reads:
- Artists, "Name of Track", Album Title, (Label & Date),[Country/Genre]
The Coast Ridge Ramble is a show of folk music on Saturdays from 1 - 3 p.m. normally hosted by Rachel Anne Goodman. Today, I filled in for her.
- Archie Fisher, "Witch of the West-mer-lands", The Man With a Rhyme (Legacy 97) [Scotland]
Archie Fisher will be in concert on Aug. 1 at 7:30 p.m. at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center in Santa Cruz. Call 464-2128 for details.
- John Wesley Harding, "Little Musgrave", Trad. Arr. Jones (Zero Hour 99) [England]
- Pierre Bensusan, "Heman Dubh", Musiques (Rounder 93) [France]
- Kate Rusby, "Bold Riley", Hourglass (Compass Records 98) [England]
- Jez Lowe, "Pretty Saro", The Old Durham Road (Felside) [England]
- Tim O'Brien, "Wagoner's Lad", The Crossing (Alula Records 99) [U.S.]
- Various Artists, "Juanita--Sheryl Crow & Emmylou Harris", Return of the Grievous Angel/A Tribute to Gram Parsons (Almo Sounds 99) [U.S.]
- Various Artists, "Reason to Believe--Ron Sexsmith", Bleecker St./Greenwich Village in the 60's (Astor Place 99) [U.S./Ireland]
- Steve Goodman, "Roving Cowboy", Words We Can Dance To (Red Pajamas Records 98) [U.S.]
- Tom Waits, "Chocolate Jesus", Mule Variations (Anti, Inc. 99) [U.S.]
- Leo Kottke, "Retrograde", One Guitar, No Vocals (Private Music 99/Windham Hill) [U.S.]
- Various Artists, "Going Back to Harlan--Kate & Anna McGarrigle", The Folk Scene Collection--From the Heart of Studio A--KPFK (Red House Records 98) [U.S./England]
- John Gorka, "Houses in the Fields", Jack's Crows (Windham Hill 91) [U.S.]
- Keith Greeninger, "Wind River Crossing", Wind River Crossing (Wind River Music 98) [U.S.]
- Larry Long, "I Am The Water", Troubador (Flying Fish 92) [U.S.]
- Incredible String Band, "Water Song--Robin Williamson", Hangman's Beautiful Daughter (Rykodisc 1996, orig. 1968) [Scotland]
- Robin Williamson & Clive Palmer, "Pretty Fair Maid", At The Pure Fountain (Pig's Whisker's 99) [Scotland]
- Susan McKeown, "Banks of Claudy", Bushes and Briars (Alula Records) [Ireland]
- Archie Fisher, "Bogie's Bonnie Belle", Self-titled (Celtic Music) [Scotland]
- Irene Kelley, "Constant State of Grace", Simple Path (Self-produced 99) [U.S.]
- Erica Wheeler, "Saturday", Three Wishes (Signature Sounds 99) [U.S.]
- Greg Brown, "Canned Goods", One Night (Red House Records 99) [U.S.]
Live music from singer/songwriter, Niki Leeman.
- Townes Van Zandt, "Ain't Leavin' Your Love", A Far Cry From Dead (Arista 99) [U.S.]
- Louden Wainwright III, "Carmine Street", Social Studies (Rykodisc 99) [U.S.]
- Various Artists, "Friend of Mine--Nanci Griffith", Treasures Left Behind: Remembering Kate Wolf (Red House Records 98) [U.S.]
Be Sure to tune in to the Global Village Monday through Friday at 1:00 PM on KUSP.
KUSP broadcasts on the web.
Return to the KUSP Program Guide
© 1998 KUSP Radio
document created Saturday, July 31, 1999 4:01 PM