Global Village Playlist
Friday, October 25, 2002
Gypsy, Host and Producer
Global Village/Crosscurrents Index | my email | music sources
The playlist reads:
- Artists, "Name of Track", Album Title, (Label & Date),[Country/Genre]
The last day of the pledge drive. Thanks to everyone for all their support and also thanks to Geo Warner and Jeff Grubb for pitching with me and to Ken Stone, Executive Vice-President of NPR for answering telephones for me, and of course everyone who pledged.
- Various Artists, "Lei Bofets--Mont Jòia, France", Passion--Soul Music of Southern Europe (Center For Cultural Exchange 2002) [Various Countries]
- Gabriel Yacoub, "Ami: ¬me: Amen", Les Choses Les Plus Simples (Prime ) [France]
- Various Artists, "René Bouteille--La Tordue", Cuisine Nonstop (Luaka Bop 2002) [France]
- La Lionetta, "Il Serpente", Ottoni & Settimini (Folk Club Ethosuoni) [Italy]
- I Muvrini, "O Salutaris", Pulifunie (AGFB 2000) [Corsica]
- Voce di Corsica--Petru Guelfucci, "A Tribbeira", Polyphonies (Olivi Music) [Corsica]
- I Muvrini , "Un Ti Ne Scurda/Don't Forget ", À Bercy--Live at Bercy (Mondo Melodia 96) [Corsica]
- Cinqui Sò, "Ava » Sempri Sé Tù", Tarraniu (Al Sur 96) [Corsica]
- I Muvrini, "Aspettami", Umani (AGFB 2002) [Corsica]
- Various Artists, "Bailados Do Minho--Artur Parades", Variaçóes em Fado/ Lisbõa & Coimbra 1926-36 (Kardum 94) [Portugal]
- Jorge Fernando, "Chuva", Velho Fado (Times Square Records 2001) [Portugal]
- Dulce Pontes, "Tirioni", O Primeiro Canto (Polydor 99) [Portugal]
- Maestro Omar Ait-Vimoun, "Kabilia Ode to Mother", Assaru U Stekhvar/The African Preludes (Gargoyle Records 99) [Algeria]
- Aït Menguellet, "Ittij", Le Meilleur... (Creon Music 2002 orig. 77, 78, 79) [Algeria]
- Rachid Taha, "Bani Al Insane", Diwân (Island 98) [Algeria]
- Cristina Branco, "Ai Vida", Post-Scriptum (L'empriente Digitale) [Portugal]
- Shajarian, Alizadeh, & Kalhor, "Zarbi Bayat-e Kord & Tasnif Del-e Divaneh", Masters of Persian Music (World Village 2002) [Iran]
The Masters of Persian Music will be at the Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz on Nov. 2 at 8 p.m. Call U.C.S.C Arts and Lectures for details.
- Saadet Türköz, "Aksam Oldu", Self-titled (Intukt) [Turkey]
Saadet Türköz and her ensemble will be at Henflings in Ben Lomond on Nov. 11 at 8 p.m.
- Stephen Kent, "Edge of Three", Oil and Water (Schott Music 2002) [England/U.S.]
Stephen Kent will be at the Cayuga Vault in Santa Cruz at 8 p.m. on Oct 26. He will also being doing workshops. Call the Cayuga Vault for details.
- Various Artists, "Maldeyeni--Mabulu, Mozambique", An Afro-Portuguese Odyssey (Putumayo 2002) [Africa]
- Abdul Tee-Jay, "Araba Jorlay", Rakoto Make Me Dance-Dance (Weekend Beatnik 2000) [Sierra Leone]
- Baaba Maal, "Sakambewdo", Jambaajo (Sonodisc 99) [Senegal]
Be Sure to tune in to the Global
Village Monday through Friday at 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. PST and Crosscurrents Sunday 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. PST on KUSP
KUSP broadcasts on the web.
Return to the KUSP Program Guide
© 2000 KUSP Radio
document created Friday, October 25, 2002 4:50 PM