Sunday, February 26, 2006
Gypsy, Host and Producer
Playlist Index | my email | music sources
The playlist reads:
- Artists, "Name of Track", Album Title, (Label & Date),[Country/Genre]
- Caetano Veloso, "Nada", Omaggio a Federico E Giuiletta (Nonesuch 99) [Brazil]
- Paulo Bellinati, guitar & Monica Salmaso, vocal, "Canto de Lemanjá", Afro-Sambas by Baden Powel & Vinicius de Moraes (GSP Recordings 97) [Brazil]
Monica Salmaso will be at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center in Santa Cruz on March 12 at 7:30 p.m. Call 831 427 5531 or go to zookbeat.com for details.
- Dulce Pontes, "Tirioni", O Primeiro Canto (Polydor 99) [Portugal]
- Ensemble Vidigueira, "Rondei Estou Rodando", Les Voix De L'Alentejo (Auvidis 94) [Portugal]
- Camané, "Fado Sagitario", L'Art De Camané: Prince Du Fado (Hemisphere 2003) [Portugal]
- Ana Moura, "Meu Triste, Triste Amour", Guarda-me A Vida Na Mão (World Village 2005) [Portugal]
- Arenas, "No Puede Ser", Chants Gitans (Buda Records) [Spain]
- Artists Unidentified, "Ses Corregudes", Folklore de Mallorca (Disci Medi 92) [Mallorca]
- Alboka, "Andre Nobiya", Bi Beso Lur (Aztarna 98) [Basque Country]
- FLK, "S'Vints", Sun (Compagnia Nuove Indye 2000) [Italy]
- Radicanto, "Lu Rusciu", Terra Arsa, Corde Pelli E Papri (CNI 2001) [Italy]
- Les Yeux Noirs, "Désirs Dérisoires", Tchorba (World Village) [France]
- I Muvrini, "Quandu Sentera", Alma (AGFB 2005) [Corsica]
- A Stantara, "Campagna Viva", E Scegli U To Culore (Self-produced 2005) [Corsica]
- Cinqui Sò, "Cù Piaceri", Circa Vita (Stellabel 2005) [Corsica]
- Faiz Karezi, "Maah Dorokhshan Amad", Chashman Khomari (Afghan Music) [Afghanistan]
- Siwan Perwer, "Kirîvê", Dîwana (Ses Plak Yapim 2005) [Kurdistan]
- Arto Tuncboyacian and Armenian Navy Band, "They Love Me Fifteen Feet Away", New Apricot (Emarcy 2002) [Armenia/U.S.]
- Chookasian Armenian Concert Ensemble, "Tamara", Avantagan (7/8 Music 2001) [U.S.]
Chookasian Armenian Concert Ensemble will be at Don Quixote's Music Hall in Felton on Feb. 27 at 7 p.m.
- Bulgarian State Radio and Television Female Vocal Choir, "E Mori Roujke", Le Mystère Des Voix Bulgares Vol. 2--recorded by Marcel Cellier (Nonesuch Explorer Series) [Bulgaria]
- Bulgarian State Radio and Television Female Vocal Choir, "Dragana I Slavei", Le Mystère Des Voix Bulgares Vol. 2--recorded by Marcel Cellier (Nonesuch Explorer Series) [Bulgaria]
Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares will be at the First Congregation Church on High Stree in Santa Cruz on March 9 at 7:30 p.m. Call 831 427 5531 or go to zookbeat.com for more details.
- Marta Topferova, "Ej Hora, Hora", Homage To Homeland: Czech, Moravian & Slovak Folksongs (Lyra Records 2002) [Czech Republic/U.S.]
- Vagabond Opera, "Beranche", Pre-release promotional CD (Self-produced ) [U.S.]
- The Toids, "Duraflame", Rupert Dances In Fins (Odd Shaped Case 2001) [U.S.]
The Toids will be in concert at The Attic in Santa Cruz on March 11 at 8 p.m.
- Trio Mopmu, "Zhenalo E Dyulber Yana", Self-titled (Odd-Shaped Case 2005) [U.S.]
Be Sure to tune in to the Giramondu Sundays from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST and Crosscurrents Sunday 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. PST on KUSP
KUSP broadcasts on the web.
Return to the KUSP Program Guide
© 2000 KUSP Radio
document created Sunday, February 26, 2006 6:03 PM