Sunday, March 25, 2007
Gypsy, Host and Producer
Playlist Index | my email | music sources
The playlist reads:
- Artists, "Name of Track", Album Title, (Label & Date),[Country/Genre]
- Mariza, "O Gente Da Minha Terra", Concerto Em Lisboa (Times Square 2006) [Portugal]
- Cristina Branco, "O Meu Amor", Sensus (Universal Classics France 2003) [Portugal]
- Various Artists, "Melingo-Leonel El Feo", Think Global--Tango (World Music Network) [Argentina]
- Gypsy Kings, "Mira La Chica", Pasajero (Nonesuch 2007) [France]
- Sambadá, "Capu Funk", Salve A Bahia (Self-produced) [Brazil/U.S.]
- João Bosco, "Querido Diário", Millennium (Polygram 98) [Brazil]
- Elin, "La Luna", Lazy Afternoon (Blue Toucan Music 206) [Sweden]
- Lura, "As-Įgua", M'Bem Di Fora (Times Square 2007) [Cape Verde]
- Vusi Mahlasela, "Thula Mama", Guiding Star (Ato Records 2006) [South Africa]
Vusi Mahlasela will be in concert in Santa Cruz at The Attic on March 31 at 7 p.m. Call 427-5531 or go to zookbeat.com for details.
- Gangbe Brass Band, "Johodo", Whendo (Contre-Jour 2004) [Benim]
Gangbe Brass Band will be in concert in Santa Cruz at The Kuumbwa Jazz Center on April 2 at 7 p.m. Call 427--2227 for details.
- Various Artists, "Amarain-Amr Diab, Egypt", Rough Guide to World Music: Africa & Middle East (World Music Network 2007) [Various Countries]
- I Muvrini, "Rivecu", Pè L'Amore Di Tè (AGFB 88) [Corsica]
- Stèphane Casalta, "Track #3", Demo CD (Self-produced 2007) [Corsica]
- A Stantara, "Nasce", E Scegli U To Culore (Self-produced 2005) [Corsica]
- Donni Di L'Esiliu, "A Puce", Corses Polyphonies Féminines (Buda) [Corsica]
- I Muvrini, "I Lindumani", Leia (AGFB Productions 98) [Corsica]
- Fishtank Ensemble, "Hopa Di Bida", Super Raoul (Self-produced 2005) [U.S/France]
Fishtank Ensemble and Luminescent Orchestri will be at Don Quixote's in Felton on April 6 at 7 p.m.
- Mostar Sevdah Reunion with Lilijana Butler, "Mustafa", The Legends of Life (Snail Records 2006) [Bosnia-Hercegovinia]
- Boban Markovic Orkestar, "Mesecina", Live In Belgrade/The Best Trumpet of Guca (Piranha 2002) [Serbia]
- Various Artists, "Ika Ta Ausjika--Anastasia Moutsatsou, Greece", Women of the World--Acoustic (Putumayo 2007) [Various Countries]
- Du Oud, "For Nedim", Wild Serenade (Label Bleu) [France]
- Chookasian Armenian Concert Ensemble, "Duduk Solo, Chis Assoum", Passage To Armenia (Self-produced 2005) [U.S./Armenia]
Chookasian Armenian Concert Ensemble will be at the First Congregational Church in Santa Cruz on March 31.
- Dariush Tala'i, setâr, "Oj", Radif, Vol. 1 (Al Sur 92) [Iran]
- Various Artists, "Falak--Kholov Davlyat", Music of Central Asia--Tadjkistan (King Record 92) [Tadjkistan]
- Milagro Acustico, "Riccordo O Me Nome", I Storie ò Cafè Di Lu Furestiero Novo (CNI 2006) [Italy]
Be Sure to tune in to the Musical Migrations alternate Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. PSTon KUSP
KUSP broadcasts on the web.
Return to the KUSP Program Guide
© 2000 KUSP Radio
document created Sunday, March 25, 2007 4:10 PM