- 12 oz pkg fresh cranberries
- 1 whole lime
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2+ Jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place cranberries in food processor; process until coarsely chopped
and transfer to bowl.
- Cut lime with peel into small chunks. Process until finely diced.
add to cranberries along with sugar and minced jalapeno.
- Mix in cilantro.
- Refrigerate relish for several hours to allow flavors to mellow and blend.
- Serve chilled with Ham or Turkey
Because jalapeno peppers vary widely in "heat", I usually start with
2 peppers and then taste it to see if more should be added. I usually
end up adding one or two extra. But it all depends on who you are
serving it to!
Becuase my housemate does not like cilantro, I sometimes make 2 batches,
one as above and one with fresh mint used instead of cilantro.
It gives it a very different flavor. I like it both ways!