Private Practice, Nanda Currant M.F.C.C
La Selva Beach, California
Growing oneself is a life long endeavor but with focused work in a trusting environment using simple tools can increase potential, and develop our capacity for immediate and lasting change. Working together and developing a deeper sense of our authentic self allows individuals to change in life-sustaining ways.
Approach: the emphasis of my work is focused on the individual and their creative and personal exploration of spirit and psyche through dream work, various media, somatic awareness, and psychotherapy. Healing and growth, both emotional and spiritual, underlie therapy. Therapeutic work involves a re-connection to one's own inspiration and authentic self, and understanding the obstacles that can block us from being fully involved in our lives with meaning and purpose.
Therapeutic Work: life transitions, transpersonal therapy, humanistic and interpersonal work, mindfulness practice, communication skills, self-care, women's issues, children and young adults, life skills, educational and creative goals, creative recovery, trauma, addiction, serious illness, art therapy, the alchemy of the heart and human spirit, eco-psychology, narrative and journal work.
Fee: 50 minutes—$85, sliding scale. I do not take insurance. I can provide statements for reimbursement for services for "out of network provider" policy. I accept cash or checks but no credit cards at this time.
Schedule: Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings. I am available for phone work some evenings.
Contact: Phone: 575-538-1040 / Email:
- Educational Therapy; The Learning Center, Los Angeles, CA. (art therapy with children with learning issues, and remediation work.)
- Clinic; Delos (counseling adults and children).
- L.A. Free Clinic; (women's groups and crisis intervention)
- Turning Point; counseling and art therapy (with children and their families with serious illness with a focus on cancer).
- Center for the Healing Arts; (parent's support groups, women's groups, Grant Research Program)
- Woodview Hospital; (adolescent care and treatment), in Los Angeles, CA.
- Private Practice; Santa Cruz, CA and Santa Fe, NM; using art, media, drama and sandtray therapy.
- Educational Counseling; Santa Cruz City Schools private practice in conjunction with homeschool Program (choosing educational options).
- TOR; eco-psychology practice with Gila River Festival, Gila, NM., and Theater of Restoration, Santa Cruz, CA.